2010Fall Project 4
From Autonomous Multirobot Systems
MASON Predator Prey
In this project you will extend the existing predator prey code using your own controller design.
What to Do
You should have the predator prey code working by now (as the last assignment). You should now choose whether you want to improve the code for a predator or prey. Your assignment is to:
- Chose a control system paradigm (motor schemas, DAMN (voting), or other approach).
- Implement that approach to control predators or prey.
- Assess the approach in terms of performance-based experiments (measure the performance)
- Create a two page writeup describing your system.
I expect that you will correctly implement your control system according to motor schemas (or voting approaches, e.g. DAMN). Your write up should describe the individual components of your control system, and how the whole thing works together. If you deviate from a "classic" approach, please explain in detail what you did in your write up (illustrations encouraged).
Your new system should perform better that the previous system that you were provided as measured by total time until 3 prey are captured.
What to Turn In
You should submit a screen shot of the predator/prey system running on your computer:
- XXcontroller.java the code for your controller
- writeup.pdf your writeup